Airspotters.com

Airspotters.com
Visit Our main Website Soon

Saturday 11 May 2024

LONDON GATWICK MAY 10TH 2024

I have been plane spotting at Gatwick since 1973.I was 15 years old and road my bike here hundred of times. I had passed my cycling proficiency  and was allowed out on the road on my own. I used to go with my friend Christopher Plunkett. 


Today the airport has grown up beyond all my childhood memories into an airport that's is the busiest single runway airports in the world.  Gone are the Dan Air Comets, British Caledonian One Elvens and Laker DC-10's to mention just a few of those great days. My favorite  was the British Caledonian VC10, G-ASIX or G-ASIW. G-RTA was written off and a part of that is in the Brooklands Museum. One became Air Malawi and that had a very bad ending as well.  


Onto to today. Easyjet rule the roost and are boring in my book. One day there be gone as time does change things and then youngsters today will look back wishing an easyjet would land, like I do with my era. Since the pandemic Gatwick has worked hard to get new flights into the airport. This has been slow but very consistent and I applaud them for this. I am always checking Flight radar 24 to see what is coming in and get in my car and pop up to photograph it


All these picture came about as i was waiting for a Azerbaijani 787 to land. The photo is a few pictures down from here and on another post.  


Since uploading my photos it has became apparent to me that people viewing them like to know where I go to get these photos. Please follow this blog as i will be telling you where to go and how to get there as well. 


All these were taken on the A23 near the Gatwick Road and does involve a 15 minute walks as there is no parking nearby. As long as you have a camera with a lens of at least 300mm you are set to capture what I have captured.  


All my photos are not taken on automatic and are on manual settings. You need to understand you camera and how it works to get the best photos. Again I will be posting here and on YouTube what I do. Then you can decided how you like to get the photos and find your own best settings.


This is the plane that made me divert to Gatwick. It is quite old, 9 years I think but never seen it in Gatwick before. This is a photo of it landing and taken from Prestwood Lane Charlwood. 


TAP also landing, love the vapour trails behind crossing.


Air Transat a small plane from Canada. I saw a review on this flight and it was a good service. 


Turkish do around 4 flights a day into Gatwick and use the A321neo. No so much the 737 anymore. 

I hope you enjoyed this short read and please pop to Airspotters.com if you like models as we have lots there to see. Please follow and I will be doing about 2 updates here a week

Bye for now

Malcolm 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW MODEL ARRIVALS FOR THE 1ST JULY 2024

NEW MODEL ARRIVALS FOR THE 1ST JULY 2024 As always please check you still want the pre-order now and lets us know if you changed your mind. ...