Airspotters.com

Airspotters.com
Visit Our main Website Soon

Thursday 16 May 2024

SPOTTING AT LONDON GATWICK "YOU NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO GO"

 

Over the next few months I am going to share with you the places I go spotting. I been coming up to the airport since the 1960's. I started going up on my own in 1973 once I had passed my cycling proficient at the age of 15. There was a group of us and we all fly up there on our bikes. 


There are lots of place to go which are on the landside of the airport. They are public paces and not infringing on private or airport land.


I am very well known to the police all be it a lot of my old airport security and police friends have retired. Some of the new ones do talk to me and are never rude or proactive to move you on. The last guy was also a spotter but worked inside the airport normally.   


This is Prestwood lane I tell you more on a future post. There lost of wild life around here as well. So when there no planes there are plenty of birds, foxes, and farm animals to take photos of.  


This kind of photo is good with a camera lenes of 300m to 600m. It takes over 15 minutes to walk here from the nearest parking spot. 


Go around are great for me but not the passenger. Gatwick is well know for many go arounds. They fly over my house as well. Not good early in the morning as the noise is very loud, who needs an alarm.


I do love going up to Gatwick when there a special plane landing. Being three miles away it is very easy for me. This Qantas was early doors and I was up at 5:30am. It arrived at around 7:10am and did a go around first.


Please follow our blog and I love to read any comments or question you may have. This is me and my dog Dougie. Happy spotting till next time. Our website is Airspotters.com if you like model aircraft. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW MODEL ARRIVALS FOR THE 1ST JULY 2024

NEW MODEL ARRIVALS FOR THE 1ST JULY 2024 As always please check you still want the pre-order now and lets us know if you changed your mind. ...