Airspotters.com

Airspotters.com
Visit Our main Website Soon

Sunday 14 April 2024

YEOVILTON WHEN CONCORDE WAS OUTSIDE

This is really for the Yeovilton group but will share with the other groups I belong to as well. 1974 was the time this arrived at Yeovilton. Some say it was the proper start of the museum. I was lucky to go then as today the Concorde is stashed away indoors and hard to photograph. I remember thinking this is not like the British Airways one I have seen on the telly.

It was a prototype of course and would vary a lot to the final Concorde. I have been on G-BSST shown here, G-BBDG and G-XDN (was also outside Duxford at the time) , but have never flown on any at all. My favorite is Brooklands as it is in the BA Red tail livery and still remains outside to this day. None will ever fly again sadly. The one at Brooklands, I was there when they were putting it together again.

They used railway line to support the wings. They were threaded inside the wings. I will have to find my pictures of this as I am sure you will love to see them. Local boy scouts were called in to do a lot of the paint prep work too.

Please follow us and like our posts. We always ask but such an easy thing to miss. 90% will view and not like. We need to show blogger we are liked and that is important to maintain our blog.

Malcolm from Airspotters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW MODEL ARRIVALS FOR THE 1ST JULY 2024

NEW MODEL ARRIVALS FOR THE 1ST JULY 2024 As always please check you still want the pre-order now and lets us know if you changed your mind. ...