Airspotters.com

Airspotters.com
Visit Our main Website Soon

Sunday 17 March 2024

LONDON GATWICK IMPRESSIVE AIRCRAFT 1990'S

 LONDON GATWICK 1990'S : Not sure of the exact date but sure it is mid 1990's. My photo and one that capture the good old days in my book. I want name the aircraft as you the follower's know all that info. However TWA stands for Transcontinental & Western Air which was set up to fly from New York to Los Angeles. 


Of course it then went to Trans World Airlines. The North terminal is open which was 1988. I have so many more photos to share. I had a bit of lucky as we had a bird trapped in the loft. Came in under the eves. I had to clear a lot of boxes out of the way to get to him and in doing so found photos that I had been looking for for years. The young bird is fine and back with his mum, by the way. 


 Northwest DC-10's used to take off and for some reason always kept a very low fly out. Almost as if they were struggling to gain altitude. Very smokey as well some of them were as well. I do love the DC-10 and had a Revell DC-10 kit once in SAS livery. I do think young spotters today have missed out on lots of great aircraft. These days it all very much the same and in my book can be boring. Boeing 707's, 727's, Comets, One Elevens, were planes to watch.


 Wow is all I could say when I found this photo of mine taken in the 1990's . Again different aircraft rather than today's Boring Airbus and Boeing aircraft. Nobody thought they would see LAKER again but they came back for a short time. The 747 is the same one thats appears in the previous photo. I do miss the spectator's area at Gatwick and wished they would do more for spotters and photographers'. Mind you there is only so much Easyjet I can take. Known as the orange airport at times. The church in the background is Lowfield Heath. It was raining then and still is today, somethings never change. Please follow us as we have a big update soon. Not sure when as I am still in the sorting out stage with Peter. However if you love aviation then stay tuned. 


 #Gatwickairport #Gatwick #londongatwick #AviationIndustry #aircraft #aviationarchives #aviationhistory #modelcollecting #collectibles #airspotters #airlines #aircraftspotter #planespotter #aviation #aviationworld #modelaircraft #aviationgeek #CivilAviation #alitalia #twa #boeing747 #lakerairways #dc10




No comments:

Post a Comment

 The last Asiana 747 to ever fly for them. Of course this is the detailed model thats has proven very popular with our customer's. We ha...