Airspotters.com

Airspotters.com
Visit Our main Website Soon

Wednesday 12 June 2024

RAF/EAST AFRICAN AIRWAYS VC10 DUNSFOLD OCTOBER 2017 (RETIRED)


RAF/EAST AFRICAN AIRWAYS VC10 DUNSFOLD OCTOBER 2017 (RETIRED) : Bob Cooper gave me permission to go up to Dunsfold for the day to see this magnificent aircraft close up. It was due to do engine test runs which I almost missed.




I did hear these lovely engines wind up and let roar. If I remember rightly we were down to do a quick taxes but for reason i cannot remember this was called of. I managed to get lots of photos and talk to Bob Cooper and a retired East African Airways pilot. I cannot remember his name but sure Bob will put it in the comments below. The pilot was talking about the flights he had on this aircraft including a engine failure out of Nairobi.



I always remember see this at Heathrow as well. I do miss the VC10 and have also been in the cockpit of a BUA/Caledonian VC10 at Gatwick in the 1960's. At Duxford been on that one too, albeit in a pretty poor state last time I saw it.



This VC10 at Dunsfold was 5H-MOG of East African Airways from 1970 to 1977. It went back to BAC and then onto the RAF. This aircraft is not open to the public as far as I am aware.





I have shared this on facebook "MY LONDON GATWICK" as well as it not to far away.

Malcolm

Airspotters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 The last Asiana 747 to ever fly for them. Of course this is the detailed model thats has proven very popular with our customer's. We ha...